Results for 10 schools withheld over exam malpractice

Results for 10 schools withheld over exam malpractice

- in Education, News

Ten schools will miss the 2017 KCSE examination results following suspected malpractice in the institutions.

“Withholding results of the schools because we want further analysis. Our examiners noted clear evidence of collusion,” Education CS Fred Matiang’i said.

Speaking at Nairobi School on Wednesday, Matiang’i said an team has been setup to scrutinise results that be released on January 18.

“I know people will ask us to prove this allegations and that is why we have asked for more expertise,” he said.

Matiang’i narrated how one school in the Rift valley engaged them in frustrating behaviours during the exams.

“They have engaged in frustrating malpractice. Every senior officer went to that school because of the problems we had,” he said.

“The principal of this school took the cell phones and put them in a bucket of water. It indicates their desperate efforts,” he said.

Matiang’i said the board of the school will be de-registered and did not name the schools affected.

Only 70,073 candidates have attained university entry mean grade of C+, with 142 candidates getting As. Last year, 88,929 attained university entry grades, while 141 got As.

Matiang’i said there has been a decline in candidates who got A-. Only 2,714 candidates got A-, compared to 4,645 A- in 2016.

But he noted that female candidates have performed better.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may also like

(FULL SPEECH) Uhuru urges Kenyans to shun divisive politics

Your Excellency Hage Geingob, President of the Republic