Residents of Narok Town had a hard time extinguishing a truck that was on fire at Oltalet mall in Narok town.
It is alleged that the truck had been on a Safaricom Roadshow from Melili area in Narok North and had a technical hitch as a petrol generator sparked starting the fire just after it hit a bump at Oltalet mall.
Motorists were forced to use alternative routes as the truck worth million shillings burnt to ashes.
The shocked driver and other good Samaritans tried to put out the fire using fire extinguishers, but they did not succeed.
The fire attracted crowds who watched from a distance in vain with Narok fire brigade taking almost an hour to reach the location.
According to area residents the slow response by the fire brigade was an unfortunate phenomenon. The residents claimed that the situation could have been salvaged saving the millions worth of sound equipment and the truck.