Kenya Red Cross society has resumed humanitarian operations in Baringo County after it suspended it on Saturday following threats against its staff at Loruk-Chemolingot highway.
The Secretary General Abbas Gullet said they are resuming its operations in the County after being guaranteed security of its workers as well as the humanitarian aid they were distributing.
Gullet who was addressing Baringo leaders at Kenya School of Government (KSG) in Kabarnet said they will not tender any apology for suspending its services last Saturday in the county where food supplies destined for Turkana County was looted by irate residents protesting against persistent attacks in Baringo North and Baringo South Sub-Counties.
The Red Cross convoy was blocked by angry youths on Thursday last week who thought the humanitarian organization was taking relief food to their aggressors (the Pokots) who were then attacking them, killing, burning houses and stealing their livestock.
Gullet noted that the society will be in the county fully whenever there is a disaster or not arguing that the society is an organization recognized in the constitution and every Kenyan had the right to be served.
He implored upon county leaders led by Governor Benjamin Cheboi to spare no effort to ensure that peace and harmonious co-existence prevailed in the county resided by diverse communities arguing that there is a bigger underlying issue in the county which needed to be looked into deeply within the current situation.