The Public Service Commission (PSC) has extended the submission deadline for applications to the posts of Principal Secretary to Tuesday next week.
Through a statement, PSC said interested individuals will have up to September 27 to make their applications.
“The Public Service Commission has extended the deadline for submission of applications for the advertised position of Principal Secretaries in the public service from today 20th September 2022 to Tuesday 27th September 2022,” read the statement.
The PSC had announced job openings for PS positions following the election of a new government after the August 9 poll.
The vacancies were made public through a special gazette notice dated Wednesday, September 7.
The Public Service Commission is required by Article 155(3)(a) of the Constitution to recommend candidates to the President for nomination and appointment as Principal Secretaries.
The current Principal Secretaries will also be required to apply, according to PSC chairman Anthony Muchiri.
Requirements for PS appointment
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- Hold a degree from a recognised Kenyan university.
- Have at least 10 years of relevant professional experience, 5 years of which one should have held a position of leadership or top management in the public or commercial sector.
- Possess a general understanding of the structure and operations of government.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the nation’s goals, policies, and development goals;
- Have a track record of success in leadership and management, as well as expertise in financial and strategic people management, and meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution’s leadership and integrity requirements.