UK has dismissed reports it is likely to withdraw its soldiers from training in Nanyuki following a land dispute.
It had earlier been reported that the British Army was considering pulling out of Kenya and that the decision would be taken later in November.
This was after Chief of General Staff General Nick Carter, born in Kenya, visits the 3rd battalion of the Paratroop Regiment that is presently training at Archers Post.
Via Twitter on Friday, British Army Training Unit Kenya said: “Some of you will have read reports that we might leave Kenya. These are just rumors and are untrue as far as we are concerned.”
The report said the British government would likely give Kenya a ‘yes or no’ ultimatum on whether they want British military cooperation, with a final decision to be made in London by the end of the month.