Health Cabinet Secretary Cleopa Mailu on Tuesday gave county governors a go ahead and fire striking nurses terming their three-month job boycott as unnecessary and illegal as declared by the Employment and Labour Relations Court.
CS Mailu said the government has ruled out any talks with striking nurses.
Speaking during the official opening of the 2017 Annual Catholic Health Conference and general meeting at Pride Inn Hotel in Mombasa, the CS said the national government was fully behind the resolutions made by the Council of Governors to take administrative and legal action against nurses who will not resume duty.
“They should go ahead with the disciplinary measures, spare those who have returned to work and recruit other people,” he said.
Last week, the CoG threatened to sack all nurses who have not resumed duty and advertise their positions.