The first presidential debate is still in limbo as top candidates Uhuru Kenyatta and Raila Odinga are likely to miss.
Uhuru has maintained he will not attend the discussions while Raila has said he will only show up if the President does.
The debate is down to the two as those to be invited must command at least five per cent popular support in opinion polls, according to guidelines released by the organisers.
Raila declared his position during an interview on Radio Jambo this morning.
“A debate [involves more than one person]. I cannot debate alone,” he said.
But the Opposition chief said his team has been consulting Uhuru’s on the possibility of his attendance. They will communicate, he said.
The debate is to take place at Catholic University of Eastern Africa from 5pm. It had been set for July 10 but was postponed due to logistical challenges.