Bomet Governor Isaac Ruto has criticized his deputy Mr. Stephen Mutai for feeding lies to the media that he had been sacked from his post.
Governor Rutto said contrary to Mutia’s assertions that he had been sacked, he had only re-allocated him other duties after the two parted politically.
Speaking in Bomet town today Mr. Ruto said that the media got it all wrong on the “sacking” of his deputy.
He denied sacking his assistant adding that he understands the constitution well.
The Governor pointed out that he had not sacked his deputy as Mutai had claimed in a statement issued on Tuesday, a day after the changes were announced.
He stated that due to Mutai’s prolonged absence from office and shifting his base to Jubilee, he had a right to pick running mate for the August 8 general election.
Governor Ruto claimed that Mutai had deserted his duties for the last one and half years as he allegedly engages in Jubilee nomination politics ahead of the next general election.
Mr. Ruto said the duties that used to fall under the Deputy Governor’s office had been taken over by Chief of Staff Mr. Geoffrey Langat, the Acting County Secretary.