A multi-agency team searching for mother and daughter, who drowned in the Indian Ocean last week, said Wednesday that they have located the position of the vehicle.
Mariam Kighenda and her four-year-old daughter Amanda Mutheu drowned at the Likoni Channel on September 29 after their saloon car slipped off the ferry.
The vehicle was spotted at 58 metres deep by the foreign divers, who flew into the country after efforts by the Kenya Navy to locate the vehicle and the bodies of the victims hit a snag.
Government spokesman Cyrus Oguna told journalists Wednesday that the car was seen lying on its side according to images captured by 3D equipment used in he recovery mission.
“What we have done is 90 percent of our work, what is remaining is 10 percent now which includes the retrieval of the vehicle,” said Mr Oguna.
The rescue team on Wednesday mapped four locations, where they suspected the vehicle and bodies could be lying.